We now have 5 new walk leaflets on display. The local walks range from 3 miles to 5 miles, which means they can easily be done in a morning or afternoon.
- a lovely, peaceful walk in Yearsley Forest with its pretty lakes and woodland paths
- a walk north of the picturesque village of Crayke. At the end of this walk, you might like to pop into the Durham Ox for a drink and some food
- a scenic walk between Oulston and Husthwaite, two pretty villages. The walk finishes in Husthwaite, where you can get something to eat and drink
- a walk in the beautiful Howardian hills passing the curious City of Troy turf maze
- a walk along the river Ouse at Beningbrough. Beningbrough Hall is a National Trust property and houses paintings from the National Portrait Gallery. Half way round this walk, you will find the Beningbrough Home Farm Shop and Café, the perfect place for a coffee and cake.
Each walk costs 30p, the money from which goes towards paying for the printing of the leaflets.
Do come in and find some lovely walks to do in the autumn sunshine.
05 October 2020